Those milk crate seats I have seen all over the blog world and Pinterest, really had my attention.
So I went to Target this week, as the crates were on sale $3 each.
I liked them because they had the lip you need to have the wood sit just inside the top.
We will be using them for storage.
Home Depot had my buy of the month! I made four seats, so I need a good size piece of plywood. The pieces I looked at were nearly $7 a piece and I could only get one required size... so that seemed silly. My helper was amazing and we found a HUGE piece for $10. There was a lot of waste, which he said they sell for scrap (I certainly had no other need.) When we were done, he noticed there was a piece in the scrap bin we could have used... so I got the scrap price! Fifty cents each! Yeah! $1.06 total expense.
My husband helped me staple gun the fabric. It helps to have another pair of hands.
For detail on how to make them, see Classroom DIY. Nicole has very easy to follow directions.
I ended up using an old flat sheet from my son.
Frankly, it was an accident (as I had purchased fabric and made a mistake...) and it has finalized my agony over a theme for the year. Each seat has the patter in just a slightly different arrangement.
"Reach for the moon..." Love it!
I highly recommend you make these. Simple really. Love the practical part - storage!
The crates are rectangular - not square. They don't look the same size in the picture but they are!