I am joining the celebration with "Teaching Maddeness" and you can, too. Click on the link below.
Here are my resolutions!
1. Drink more water! I can have a water bottle that I fill, and hardly drink! That will just have to stop! My goal is to fill it (20 oz) twice and drink all of that! It helps to have a great new bottle! Thanks, Jaime.
2. Organize my work on my computer and my hard copy records in a new way. Have to be "smarter not harder." Touch those papers as few times as possible! Will have a new personal binder, too.
3. Take and post more pictures in the classroom. I started this in the last term of the year. The students loved it. I put some clear plastic sleeves (the kind you can use in a 3 ring binder -"page protectors.") up on the wall above the spot where the children put their folders each morning...and turn in their work. You can upload photos in a power point file using "insert photo album." I like four pictures per page. It creates a great collage. They love to look at photos of themselves...and LOVE to comment when new pictures were posted.
4. Create a visual time-line in the classroom. Have seen this in "blog world" and on Pinterest. So great in so many ways.
5. Mail notes to the students twice a year. We just can't lose the art of written letters. Maybe if we model it, it will happen more!
I will stop there. I just love the number 5.
Let's all plan to check in with each other in late January, to see how we are doing!
Good luck to all!