Wednesday, August 1, 2012

New "Year's" Resolution Linky Party

There seems to be many of the fellow bloggers celebrating the "New Year" in August!  I am happy to join in on this "party."  One of the things I love about my job (there are really so many) is that we can start fresh each year.  Whatever worked last year, keep!  Whatever did not work - stop it!

I am joining the celebration with "Teaching Maddeness" and you can, too.  Click on the link below.





Here are my resolutions!

1.  Drink more water!  I can have a water bottle that I fill, and hardly drink!  That will just have to stop!  My goal is to fill it (20 oz) twice and drink all of that!  It helps to have a great new bottle!  Thanks, Jaime.

2.  Organize my work on my computer and my hard copy records in a new way.  Have to be "smarter not harder." Touch those papers as few times as possible!  Will have a new personal binder, too.

3. Take and post more pictures in the classroom.  I started this in the last term of the year.  The students loved it.  I put some clear plastic sleeves (the kind you can use in a 3 ring binder -"page protectors.") up on the wall above the spot where the children put their folders each morning...and turn in their work.  You can upload photos in a power point file using "insert photo album."  I like four pictures per page.  It creates a great collage.  They love to look at photos of themselves...and LOVE to comment when new pictures were posted.

4.  Create a visual time-line in the classroom.   Have seen this in "blog world" and on Pinterest. So great in so many ways.

5.  Mail notes to the students twice a year.  We just can't lose the art of written letters.  Maybe if we model it, it will happen more!

I will stop there.  I just love the number 5.

Let's all plan to check in with each other in late January, to see how we are doing!

Good luck to all!

Sara

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for linking up to the party, Sara! #5 is my favorite, too! I write to my students during the summer, but I'm sure they would love getting mail during the school year, too! Great idea!


    Amanda
    Teaching Maddeness

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sara,

    Thanks for stopping by my blog:) I am right there with #3-organizing files. I would love to hear more about how you organize.

    Tammy
    The Resourceful Apple

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great idea to write to your students during the school year! I like the time-line idea as well. You have a really cute blog! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you. I always call the children at home when they learn their phone number. Now I will add a letter when they learn their address. Should be fun.

    Glad you were here. Will check your blog, too.
    Sara

    ReplyDelete