Sunday, March 10, 2013

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

Erin go Bragh!
That is Gaelic for "Ireland forever!" 

I am so happy to be back in Kindergarten.  Feeding and fueling imagination is so very fun.

On Monday of this week, I told my class that I had heard that last year, the Kindergarten classroom was trashed by a bunch of leprechauns. "That is not happening this year!"  They were encouraged to start thinking and to get planning.  "Thursday, we will make and set traps."

I teach in all boys school, so you can imagine the excitement.  They could hardly wait.  Thursday morning they got right to it.  The boys had this notion that the leprechauns would be attracted to shiny objects and jewels. 

You have to read this book to your class. Click here to find it on-line.
It's an adorable book about a brother and sister who prepare for St. Patrick's Day.  They fill their bedroom with wonderful traps before going to bed.  We had so much fun discussing which ones were clever, might really catch the leprechaun, how it would actually work, and more. 

Here are some of our traps.  I love the signs they made.






Sadly, Friday was a snow day and now we are on winter break.  I plan to go in tomorrow to clean up... and I may just find a mess...

No comments:

Post a Comment