Tuesday, October 22, 2013

"5 Days of Halloween"

It has been too long since my last post.

I have been very busy with my class.  They are wonderful group of energetic boys with a thrill for learning.  We have made collage fall leaves, glyph scarecrows, learned about apples and pumpkins, and so much more.

One of my favorite holidays is Halloween.  Each year we sing a Halloween song to the melody of "The 12 Days of Halloween."  

On the first day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, an owl in a spooky old tree.
On the 2nd day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, 2 jack-o-lanterns, and...
On the 3rd day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, 3 bats-a-flapping...
On the 4th day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, 4 witches flying...
On the 5th day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, 5 scary ghosts...

One year my class was sad that was all there was.  So we added more!

On the 6th day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, 6 goblins gobling...
On the 7th day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, 7 mummies marching...
On the 8th day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, 8 spiders spinning...
On the 9th day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, 9 monsters marching...
On the 10th day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, 10 vampires dripping...
On the 11th day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, 11 mice a munching...
On the 12th day of Halloween, my true love gave to me, 12 trick or treaters.

Today we got together with our 9th grade buddies and illustrated our own copies of the book.  They all had a blast.  We just did "5 days of Halloween."

Here are some photos.  Try it in your own classroom!  Happy Halloween.


No comments:

Post a Comment