Friday, December 28, 2012

Liebster Award

Second Grade but First Class blog has nominated me for the Liebster Blog award!  Click on her blog to see who else she nominated.


I am so excited!  This is for new bloggers with less than 200 followers.  As a recipient, I must:

1. Post 11 random things about yourself.
2. Answer the questions that the nominator set for you.
3. Create 11 questions for the people you nominate.
4. Choose 11 other blogs with fewer than 200 followers to nominate and link them in your post.
5. You cannot “tag back” the other blog, but leave a comment on this post with the URL of your Liebster post so I can learn more about you & see whom you nominate.

Here are 11 random things about me.

1. I live near the beach.
2. I have 5 sisters.
3. My son and I share the same middle name.
4.  I have 2 children in college.
5.  I teach Kindergarten but never attended Kindergarten.
6. I have lived in 5 different states.
7.  I like to crochet and to sew.
8.  We used to have a pet newt.
9.  I love to read.
10.  It is hard to go a day without chocolate.
11.  I was born in the Midwest.

Now I must answer questions posed by my nominator.

1.  I knew I wanted to be a teacher when I was in high school.  My best friend was deaf and I was fascinated at the learning she went through and wanted to do that for someone one day.

2.  The hardest part of teaching for me is organizing all the papers we create and use.

3.  At the end of each day, I stay at school until around 5:30 or 6:00.

4.  We change our bulletin boards in the hallway at least monthly.

5.  Besides teaching I do some tutoring for students at our school.

6.  Parents are included in our classroom for class parties (We have centers and parents help with them for the parties.)  and birthdays (parents are welcome to come in and read a book.)

7.  I do my lesson planning weekly with my partner (there are 2 kindergarten classes.)

8.  Where do I find cool graphics/ideas for my blog?  I am always looking for cool graphics.  Definitely could make my blog more exciting in that regard.  The ideas come from the work we do in the classroom.  If it works and the children love it, I want to share it.

9.  Our school eats family style and I eat with students every day.  (However, it is mixed K - 4th graders at each table.)

10.  I wore a school uniform for 12 years, so I am not interested in having a teacher uniform.

11.  My class, fellow teachers, and laughter get me through a long school day (as well as, some chocolate and lots of water or an occasional Diet Coke.)

11 Questions for the new nominees - Liebster Award Winners:
  1. How long have you been teaching?
  2. What is your favorite holiday to teach/prepare lessons for?
  3. Where is the farthest place you have traveled to visit?
  4. What teaching tool can you not live without?
  5. How long does it take you to get to school every day?
  6. How many grades have you taught?
  7. How do you like to spend your free time?
  8. Will you make New Year's Resolutions? If yes, please share at least one.
  9. What is the best thing about the grade you teach?
  10. Do you work during the summer?
  11. What made you decide to start your blog?
My Nominated Blogs:







1 comment:

  1. Thank you for the nomination! Now I am YOUR newest follower!
    Camille
    An Open Door

    ReplyDelete